tomatoes paste (optional)
garlic grated (optional)
1. Cut the yam in a circular way (the thickness depends on how thick you like your yam i love my yam really thin so it melts in my mouth), wash and move to a pot, add salt and sugar if you like (i always boil my yam with sugar because it gives it a really yummy taste). Put on heat and allow to boil.
2. Put a pan on heat. Add oil. When its hot enough pour in the onions and garlic (if you are using it). Stir for about 2 mins.
3. Pour in the diced tomatoes and pepper. Add the tomatoes paste (very little if you are using it). Stir. Add salt and seasoning. Taste and adjust seasoning.
4. Check the Yam by using a fork or toothpick to poke it, if it goes through easily it is ready to take out.
5. Break the eggs into the sauce (the amount depends on the quantity of tomatoes and number of people eating, i cooked for two and i always use a minimum of 2 eggs and maximum of 3). Stir for about a minute and remove from heat.
6. And your Yam and Egg Sauce is ready to be munched. Enjoy...Wink
|Yam and Egg Sauce|