- chicken breast cute into bite sizes
- tomatoes blended
- tomatoes paste
- onions diced
- grama masala
- chili powder
- turmeric powder
- cumin powder
- bay leave
- cumin seeds
- ginger/garlic paste
- green cardamom seeds
- black cardamom seeds
- cinnamon sticks
- lime or lemon squeeze out the juice
- fenugreek seeds or powder
- chicken stock
- Ketchup (optional)
- cayenne pepper
1. Cut the chicken into bite sizes. Add the lime or lemon juice, chili powder and salt. Cover and put in the fridge.
2. Mix yogurt, turmeric powder, garam masala, cumin powder, chili powder, ginger/garlic paste and coriander power. Bring out the chicken and pour the mixture into the chicken and put back in the fridge to marinade for about an hour.
3. Heat up oil and butter. Stir in onions and ginger/garlic paste for about 3 minutes. Bring the chicken out and add it to the oil make sure u dont pour in the juice from the chicken mixture, just take out the chicken and save the juice from the mixture for later.
4. Stir the chicken until it is cooked through and the liquid is almost dry.
5. Add the blended tomatoes, tomatoes paste, the juice from the chicken mixture, chicken stock, fenugreek seeds or powder. Add 2 TBS of ketchup, cayenne pepper, salt and sugar to balance the acids from the tomatoes. Taste and adjust seasoning.
6. Melt butter in another pan. Add whole garam masala: cloves, bay leaves, cinnamon sticks, green and black cardamom seeds. When they crackle pour it into the chicken sauce. Add cream and stir for like 5 minutes and it is ready to serve.
N.B. The amount of ingredients required depends on how many people you are preparing the dish for and how over powering and spicy you like your food , I dont like too much spices so i used 1tbs of all the ingredients, the seeds about 2 each and remember to take them out before you serve the food, 2 bay leave and a good amount of butter, a cup of yogurt, half a cup of cream.