cheese shredded - mozzarella
Tomatoes / Bolognaise sauce
carrot diced diced (optional)
green bell pepper diced (optional)
red bell pepper diced (optional)
yellow bell pepper diced (optional)
mushroom diced (optional)
White / Cheese sauce
cheese - parmesan
mozzarella little portions of them because you would need a lot for the lasagna layers.
1. I bought a no boiling required Lasagna so i didn't have to cook it but if the one you are using requires boiling. Put the Lasagna sheets in a boiling water with salt and cook until well cooked same way like when you are cooking pasta. Do over cook, strain and set aside.
2. Make the tomatoes sauce. Heat oil in a pan. Add onion and garlic and stir. Add mince meat and stir until browned.
3. Pour in all the vegetables : carrots, green pepper, red pepper, yellow pepper, parsley, mushroom and stir together. Stir in the diced tomatoes, plum tomatoes and juice and tomatoes paste. Add salt, cayenne pepper, black pepper, Italian spices and sugar. Stir well, taste and adjust seasoning. Allow simmer on low heat.
4. Make the white sauce. Heat butter until melted, stir in flour gradually until it has reached a good consistency. Pour in milk and keep stirring. Take a little sauce and put in a small plate break the egg inside and mix well then pour the mixture back into the sauce. Add salt and pepper and the cheese and stir together until perfectly mixed and cheese has melted. Turn off heat.
5. Turn your oven on to 350 F/ 180 C. Oil an oven proof dish. Start making the layers.
6. Spread a thin layer of the meat tomatoes sauce at the bottom. Carefully arrange lasagna sheet on top, spread meat tomatoes sauce on top, spread white sauce on top of it and arrange another lasagna sheet on top again, generously sprinkle the shredded parmesan cheese, cheddar and mozzarella, arrange another layer of lasagna on top if you still have any sauce remaining pour on top and finish off with your mozzarella cheese and whatever cheese you have left.
7. Cover with foil make sure it is not touching the cheese. Put in the oven and bake for 45-50 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for another 10-15 minutes. Bring out and let cool down for 10 minutes and munch away.
N.B: warm your left over in the oven and believe me it taste so yummy the day after.
|Fresh out from the oven|