- warm water
- oil for frying
1. Sprinkle the yeast in half a cup of warm water and let dissolve for 5mins.
2. Heat the milk in the microwave or on a cooker and allow it to be warm enough not too hot.
3. Pour the warm milk on top the shortening (I used margarine) and let the milk melt it. Set aside to cool down.
4. Whisk 2 eggs and set aside.
5. In a big bowl, pour the milk and margarine or shortening mixture, the yeast mixture, the eggs, nutmeg, salt (a pinch) and sugar. Mix well. Add Flour little by little until the dough isn't sticky again.
6. Move to a floured flat surface and begin to knead for about 5mins and transfer to an oiled boil, cover and set aside in a warm place for about an hour or until it is double in size.
7. Put the dough back on the floured flat surface and roll out. Cut the dough with a donut cutter or just improvise like i did with any cover from your kitchen and do same for the ring.
8. Move to a floured tray or baking sheet and cover lightly with a kitchen towel and let sit for 30mins to rise again.
9. Heat the oil and when its very hot start frying until golden brown remove. Let cool down for few minutes and it is ready to be munched...