Like i said for the Jollof rice this also have several ways to make it but i don't think the process should be complicated because it is a simple and straight forward dish. Make sure you add a lot of vegetables to make it very colorful.
I couldn't find Liver so i used sausage but make sure you get Liver, it is an important ingredient in Fried Rice. Wink.
- chicken stock
- fried rice spices
- white pepper
- white onions diced
- carrots diced
- green pepper diced
- yellow bell pepper diced
- red bell pepper diced
- runner beans cut into round pieces
- green peas
- sweet corn
- liver meat cooked and diced
1. Put a pot on heat with the chicken stock, water, salt, seasoning, white pepper, thyme, plenty curry and fried rice spice. N.B- The two last ingredients will have great influence on the color if you want a white Fried rice you may skip putting the fried rice spice and put little or no curry at all and also not too much chicken stock which means more seasoning. Add butter some people prefer using groundnut oil, i love using butter. Cover and allow to boil.
2. Make sure all your vegetables are finely diced. Do not over cook you rice, it wouldn't be nice and it would get spoilt fast.
3. Put a pan on heat and steam the vegetables. Add butter and little oil. when it is hot add the onions stir for few minutes and add the other vegetables with the liver. Add little salt and seasoning. Stir for a while don't cook the vegetables. Remove from heat and set aside.
4. Check your rice. Taste and adjust seasoning. If the water in it is totally dried. Pour in the Vegetables and stir with a wooden spatula until it is well mixed, turn gently avoid doing it too hard so you don't mash rice and end up with a portage...lol. Don't use all the vegetables leave some to put on top when you put the rice in the cooler. And it is ready to be served...With salad, moi-moi or plantain and chicken. Enjoy you holidays...
|Nigerian Fried Rice and Chicken|
|Jollof Rice and Fried Rice with Chicken|