- Grated/grounded nutmeg
- salt (a pinch)
- warm water for mixing
- oil for frying
1. Add the flour, yeast, sugar, salt and nutmeg in a bowl and mix together.
2. Add water little by little until all the ingredients are well mixed. Keep mixing until it is smooth and not too watery.
3. Cover the bowl with foil paper very tight so air wouldn't escape. Leave to rise for about 45 minutes.
4. When you open it, it should have risen in quantity and there would be bubbles in the batter that is how you know it is ready to fry.
5. Pour enough oil in a deep pot and heat until it is very hot.
6. Use your hands to scoop the Puff Puff mixture and let it come out through your thumb to give it a spherical shape, make sure you don't put in too much at once so there will be enough space in the pot.
7. Fry until golden brown, remove and put on a paper towel to soak out the oil and your Puff Puff is ready to be eaten. Enjoy with a bottle of mineral or juice...Lol.
|Nigerian Puff Puff|