- beef stew meat cut into bite size
- olive oil
- flour/ suet
- carrots chopped in large chunks
- beef stocks
- green pepper chopped
- mushroom sliced
- bacon sliced
- parmesan cheese
- worcestershire sauce
- garlic minced
- baking powder
- water to make dough
- black pepper
- parsley chopped
- bay leaf
- frozen peas
1. Put the potatoes on fire and boil with salt.
2. Season flour with salt and pepper. Toss the beef and cote well with the flour.
3. Melt butter in a pan. Fry the coated meat until well-browned . Remove from pan and set aside.
4. Stir onion and garlic into same pan. Add the bacon. Stir in the carrots and green pepper. Add the beef stock, bay leaf, parsley, pepper, salt, worcestershire sauce and vinegar. Stir in the mushroom. Put the beef back in. Adjust seasoning and add water if need be. Simmer on low heat for about 1 hour. Remove bay leaf.
5. Now lets make the Dumplings. Mix together in a bowl, flour, milk, melted butter, baking powder, parmesan cheese. Scoop with a spoon and roll into a ball then drop in the stew on fire. Simmer but be careful not to destroy the dumplings, remove when they are cooked through but not dry.
6. Mash the boiled potatoes with butter, parsley and milk.
7. Your beef stew with dumplings is ready to be served with your mashed potatoes or with frozen peas simmered on melted butter, salt and pepper and enjoy. Absolutely delicious...
|Beef Stew with Dumplings served with seasoned Peas|