- grated nutmeg
- pinch of salt
- oil for deep frying
1. Mix the flour, margarine, salt and nutmeg together. Mix well until it has a sandy texture and no lumps.
2. Mix the milk and sugar together (if you are using powdered milk,dissolve in warm water and add the sugar). Break the eggs and add to the liquid mixture and whisk well.
3. Add the liquid mixture to the flour mixture and mix by hand till a smooth dough is achieved. Add more flour until it is not sticky anymore and smooth.
4. Place the dough on a flat surface or on a large chopping board and start kneading gently with a dough roller.
5. When the dough is flat, cut into desired sizes. Transfer the cut dough into a bowl and sprinkle flour on it.
6. Put a deep frying pan on high heat(you can use a pot if you don't have a deep frying pan) and a generous amount of clean vegetable oil. Add some of the dough and fry, dont overcrowd the pan. Continuously stir the chin chin till you get a golden brown color. Remove and put in a shifter, when it has cooled down, store in an airtight container.
|This should last me for some weeks|