- 3-4 cups flour
- 2 tbs yeast
- 1 tbs salt
- 2 cups warm water
- 2 Tbsp soft butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 3 Tbsp honey or 3tbs sugar
- 1 cup milk
1. Combine warm water, yeast, oil, milk, butter and honey in a large bowl. let sit for 5 minutes then add the salt and egg. Stir all together.
2. Add the flour one cup at a time, stirring together after each cup. When it starts getting really sticking and forming dough.
3. Move dough out onto lightly floured surface and knead for 10 minutes, adding more flour as needed until the dough is firm and smooth and elastic to touch.
4. Place dough in medium greased bowl. Turn dough over in bowl so that the top is also lightly greased. Cover with clean cloth and let rise and double in size, draft-free place for 1 hour.
5. Turn dough out onto lightly floured board and knead for 5 minutes. Divide dough into 2 equal parts. Shape each dough half into a loaf. You can put one of the dough in the fridge and bake another day. Place the loaf in greased pan also dust flour on the pan. Cover and let rise in warm, draft-free place for 45 minutes or until doubled in size.
6. Preheat oven to 180c. Put water in an oven proof dish or even in a pot and put under the bread to make it moist and crisp. Break the second egg and brush on top of the bread.
7. Bake bread at 180c for 40 minutes or until bread top is golden brown and the bread sounds hollow when the top is tapped. Remove bread from pan and let cool on rack.
|Homemade Bread fresh out from the oven|
|In the oven|
|Add butter and munch away|