- rice cooked (add a little butter to the water and salt)
- shredded beef
- soy sauce
- carrots shredded
- 4 eggs
- green onion chopped
- onion chopped
- sesame oil
- vegetable oil
- oyster sauce
- hoisin sauce
- sweet chili sauce
1. Combine 2 eggs, salt, soy sauce, oil and cornflour. Marinade the shredded beef with the mixture and let sit for at least 30mins.
2. Heat 2Tbs of sesame and vegetable oil in a large pan/wok. Add the beef strips one by one to the pan, make sure they don't stick together. Let sit for like 5 mins before you give it a stir. Cook until brown and crispy, remove from heat and set aside.
3. In a small bowl mix the remaining 2 eggs, few drops of soy sauce and sesame oil. Set aside.
4. In a different pan/wok heat 2Tbs of oil. When hot pour in the eggs, and keep stirring , cook both sides don't allow it to get burnt. Remove from heat and chop into small pieces. Set aside
5. Heat oil in a clean pan and fry the onion until it has a nice brown color not burnt. Take out of heat and set aside.
6. Put back the pan/wok you used to stir-fry the shredded beef with same oil that was used for it on heat. Add the garlic, carrots and cooked onions (If you have peas you can add at this point too, didn't have any at home).
7. Pour in your cooked rice. Add the green onions. Stir-fry for about 3mins.
8. Add 1Tbs of hoisin sauce, 1Tbs of oyster sauce, 1Tbs of soy sauce, 1tbs of sugar and pepper. Add the chopped eggs and shredded beef and stir for about 4mins. Taste and adjust seasoning.
9. And it is ready to be served, munch away with sweet chili sauce.
|Chinese Fried Rice and Shredded Beef.|